London Mini Maker Faire


Saturday saw me heading to London for the Elephant and Castle mini maker faire. I woke up at 4.30am, got ready to go and was out the door by 5, a quick 2 hour jaunt down the motorway and I met Dominic at a tube station in North London. Some crazy driving across town, not helped by road closures but certainly helped by the lack of other traffic at 7am, and we arrived at the maker faire early enough to get one of the free parking spaces on the side of the road (score!).

It was a good day out, nice to see some of the same faces and good to talk to new public. The doors opened to the public at 10am and it was pretty much non stop all day. I took a selection of laser cut items, some of my kits in assembled and kit form, and enough gear for anybody to actually assemble the kits on the stall. I managed to sell all of my marble machine and useless machine kits, but none of my assembled items so if you want something pre-built then now is the time to ask.

The doors closed at 5, I went and had some dinner and drove home again, a long day but all in all worthwhile. I certainly intend to be heading to more maker faires and I have inspiration for more new kits now.




Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex