Big Catapult


I can't sell these catapult kits because I've been struggling to cut the 6mm ply reliably. I think the 50W laser could do it if I was more patient and I turned the speed down but then I worry about black edges on things so I've held off on producing them. An opportunity arose to use Derby Makers new 100W laser so I took a bunch of wood up there to cut mini machines out. We struggle with there software, it was rather unintuitive and lacking in official manuals, user generated online help or even a name to actually identify which software it was. By the time we got something working a lot of time had passed and we decided the best way to salvage the day was to create double sized catapult in the same vein as my other double sized items.

We doubled everything, using 2 sheets of 6mm ply for the frames giving us a catapult made from 12mm wood sheets. We wound the skein as far as we could slotted together some ammo and let the projectiles fly across the lab. As fun as it was, doubling everything up on fires the projectile the same distance, presumably maths could have predicted this. The machine gives a healthy clonk when fired and you definitely don't want to have your fingers in the way when this one goes. 



Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex