Pen and ink owl


Ed Saperia (of Heredox fame) introduced me to the wonderful pen and ink artwork of Iain Macarthur with the best of all questions, "can it be laser cut?". Move forward 6 weeks and while I was exhibiting at the rather quiet Leicester Creator Faire I finally found the 2.5 hours I needed to devote my laser cutter to engraving one of his pieces in sufficient resolution. I love the way the wood grain shows through on the etched patches giving it some extra depth amongst the intricate details. Sadly I fear that the stark black and white of the original does this piece far more justice than the cream and burnt colours of the laser but it was a fun piece to etch and the visitors enjoyed seeing the laser do all of the hard work..


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex