Nothing in Particular


This is a post about nothing. I meant to write it a while ago but I got distracted making lots of awesome things and posting about those. I used to write about my laser cutter all the time because there was always some way in which it was failing or needing improvement and I don't do that any more. The simple fact is that I don't have anything to write about.

I've had my Whitetooth laser cutter for about 18 months now. We started our own laser cutter company, so using our own machines day in day out and posting all the awesome things seems like a no brainer. In those 18 months I haven't had a single problem with my machine, 

The extractor fan draws all the dust and particles out of the laser so the machine stays pretty clean, the smoke actually goes out the back which was a shock having seen other lasers. 
The fine pitched mirror screws and locking nuts make alignment very simple (no more allen keys for adjustments) and the machine actually stays aligned during use. In 18 months I've aligned it once and only 1 mirror had slipped.
The laser is the fastest machine I've ever owned and the beam is super narrow allowing me to do more intricate work than ever before.

Because I'm not spending my time having to fix this laser I've had far more time to mess around with it while still getting my work done. My autofocus hack proved to be rather popular and has definitely got me thinking about how I could implement something more practical and I even got to play space invaders on it. 

I shall continue to say nothing more about it, singing the praises of a machine I actually sell is incredibly self serving but I just wanted you all to know that in this case no news is most definitely good news. (and I promise to blog the interesting modes of failure when I do finally experience them)

In the meantime PEW PEW onwards


Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex