Vale Logo Engraving


A custom boxed needs a custom logo and before I accepted the job I ran this trial piece to make sure that the vale logo would come out OK. The Leetro controller doesn't really do greyscale engraving so I used Paint.net with a Halftone plugin to convert the image into black dots of differing sizes which I could engrave. The lettering merged into the background so before I removed it from the machine I isolated the text in paint.net and traced it in inkscape using trace bitmap to get me some vector artwork which I could use to draw a line around the text. It really made it pop. I think in the final version I'll turn the power up on the engrave but thunderbirds are go and I'm happy to accept the job knowing I can make it work.




Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex